Adding an address to an existing map

Dave Blaylock
I would like to know if it is possible to add an address on the fly to a map that has been previously created with 300 to 400 locations already mapped.

I am in charge of tech services for our company and I have created a map on your site of all of our technician home bases, about 340 of them.

when a get a call for service or install for a customer I want to plug the customers address into the existing map and visually determine which is the closest technician.

Can this be done?

Re: Adding an address to an existing map

Hi Dave - it can be done - yes.

Your best bet is to simply add the address to your spreadsheet and then update your map manually (by clicking on Manage, finding your map, and then clicking on Update).  This process will add the new point to your map.

Maps are automatically updated overnight (EDT) so if you don't need the results right away then you can skip the manual update part.

Hope this helps.