Displaying multiple fields

Tom Johnson
I'm building a map for a high school reunion.  My spreadsheet has three fields -- Full Name, Full Address and Comments.  I can create the map just fine, but if someone clicks on a pin, only two fields are displayed in the pop-up.  Is there any way to display the info for all three fields?

Thanks

Re: Displaying multiple fields

Your best bet is to read the 3rd to last FAQ response here: http://mapalist.com/Public/Help.aspx?tab=faq

Re: Displaying multiple fields

Wortle
I think that is a really infuriating answer. BooHoo. Had it ever occurred to you that someone had read the FAQS and still couldnt achieve this?

I am new to this and searching for help on this point. I read the faqs several times have made over a dozen experimental maps using differing fields and can still only get two to display.

I think the answer may be obvious to you but you have missed out a step that perhaps you take for granted but isnt obvious to Joe Bloggs?

Anybody care to give an idiot guide to how to get more than 2 fields to display?

Re: Displaying multiple fields

The Map Commissioner
We're a free service and we're actively supporting our users the best we can - sorry that you feel our response was "infuriating".  That was by no means the intent.

Have you had a chance to look at the formulas in column I of the example sheet/tab?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=psz4RpbbhJ0NcQKGGBVqbCQ&hl=en

This shows how a single column in a sheet can be used to contain more than one field's worth of information.  During the map creation process, we still only offer you 2 fields to display, but if you choose as one of those fields the column heading with the concatenate function built in you will see all the data in that field displayed when you click on the pin on the map.

You can learn more about the concatenate function here:

http://woorkup.com/2010/02/19/10-useful-google-spreadsheet-formulas-you-must-know/