Driving Directions

Keith Tippitt
Is it possible to create driving directions between all the points in a map?

Re: Driving Directions

MapAList does offer a Map Type that yields point-to-point driving directions.  The feature is currently buried in Step 4 of the map creation process…

When you create a new map, in Step 4a, select the Get Directions Map Type.  You will then be prompted to select the points you would like to include in your driving route.   Please keep in mind that the route sequence is based on the order in which your data is listed in your GSS.  We do not currently support any sort of route optimization (the fastest way through your set of points).

Note that are still working out the kinks associated with this functionality - so please let us know if you have issues and we will do our best to help.

Keep your eye out for a tutorial on this functionality in the next few weeks.

Tom

Re: Driving Directions

Tom
I see the driving directions in the preview but nothing shows up in the final map.  I've viewed it and also copied the html to a html file and tried to load it in the browser.  I get everything except the directions.  Tried in both IE and Firefox.

Thanks,
Tom

Re: Driving Directions

Brian
I'm having the same issue. I select Get Directions, click All, and I only get the points on the final map; no directions. If I click Preview, it shows the route from the first to the second addresses. I also get this above the preview map: "(Note: Directions are not yet saved to DB, they are only available via "preview" on this page)"

Re: Driving Directions

Tom & Brian,

The driving directions map type is still in Alpha mode.  We enabled it in the preview step of map creation several months ago to gauge interest.  Up until a few weeks ago very few folks had been using/inquiring about it.  Recently that has changed.

What you are seeing is truly a "half baked" solution.  We will likely be removing this map type in short term until we have a chance to fully build it out.

Thanks for expressing your interest/frustration - we'll do our best to get it up and running soon.