How can I get maps (points) into my TomTom?

How can I get maps (points) into my TomTom?

Help

Re: How can I get maps (points) into my TomTom?

Help
Administrator
You can export your map data into a format TomTom might be able to ingest by clicking on the "save" icon below any map to "export your map data as KML".

From there you'll have to consult TomTom forums to figure out how one can load geocoded points.

Re: How can I get maps (points) into my TomTom?

I believe Google currently supports sending a single location at a time to a TomTom GPS device.

See http://gps.about.com/od/testcategory1/ht/Google_Send.htm for details.

If you are looking for point-to-point directions I would suggest trying MapAList's "Get Directions" map type.

When you create your map, in Step 4a select the "Get Directions" Map Type and follow the associated steps.  Also, keep in mind that the route sequence is based on the order in which your data is listed in your GSS.

We are still working out the kinks associated with this functionality - so let us know how/if it works for you.