Korean character support!

Min

Korean character support!

Min
I tried to create a map using http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcObnjAIqteWJgDXmnSTnXg, which contains all Korean characters. The second column is address field.

However, the created map(http://mapalist.com/Public/ShareMap.aspx?mapid=30511)'s geocoding is REALLY bad, the pins are spreaded all over the world. I tested the address directly in http://maps.google.com, and it was very good, so I think the problem is no-support for Korean characters.

please let me know, if you solve this problem. And then I will post some description on this site to my blog, http://heomin61.tistory.com.

Sincerely,

MIn

Re: Korean character support!

Help
Administrator
Hey MIn.

You are correct -- we are currently lacking in the support area for non-Latin characters.

Your story will serve as motivation to up the priority to address this, but it will still be some time.

We will certainly let you know once unicode characters are properly supported.

Though I cant read Korean characters, your blog looks wicked cool.

Thanks for the post.

Best,
Brian