Mobile design question

Bob Kinneary
I know from this forum that your wonderful map app is not yet appropriate for mobile use. But I'm a web designer who's trying just the same, to make use of it for mobile devices. I'm able to size my browser to an appropriate with and move your map within its vertical frame. Works well, and believe I can probably use it. The problem is that the "change map style" drop-down and size buttons block the map and are unnecessary.
The plus and negative buttons below are a bit large but still worth-while. Is there a way to remove the style buttons or make them transparent? I'm not shy about getting my hands dirty with javascript, php, html and or css. Any custom options available? Thanks.