Plotting cities not addresses

Raquel
Hi there,

I have a bunch of actual addresses on my map, but I'd also like to either plot cities (with no specific address) or shade particularly counties. I figured shading counties might not be possible, so I tried putting values into my exciting spreadsheet with a unique value assigned to a different icon type and just the city (eg. Chula Vista, CA) as the address.

It didn't work.

Shouldn't it work if you just put city and state, or does it need a complete address?  I thought I was good when I got the message that all geocoding was successful, but I guess not!

thanks,
Raquel

Re: Plotting cities not addresses

Help