Post map marker by current date? Help

Brad
I have been looking all over the internet for a solution, but I have no funds for development.  Anyone have an idea of how I could map a few data points based on the current date?  I really like the mapping gadget found in google spreadsheets and so far that will update in real-time if I update the spreadsheet, but I am stuck at that point.  I usually know what points I want to map every day but they change every day and I only want to update the spreadsheet maybe once a week.  I was thinking of having a column with a map marker name in column A, B would be location, C would be start date for map marker to start showing up, and D would be last day for map marker to show.  I just need the program to run it!

Can anyone help?