Problem with french and certainly other characters

Problem with french and certainly other characters

Vincent
Hi and first of all, thank you for your tool.

I'am actually testing it and everything is ok except the fact that :
- 1 - for the localistion I use the name of the street for example without accentution, so hard to ask to the users of our blog to do this.
- 2 - I need to manually transfom the content of the cell fill by the user. I use my old version of Homesite and I transform the extended characters with characters entities :

Example (in french)
Bac à Fleurs inapproprié. Pourquoi ne pas proposer des bacs en matériaux recyclés.

Become

Bac à Fleurs inapproprié. Pourquoi ne pas proposer des bacs en matériaux recyclés.

In that case my text is correctly show on the map.

I could use a non automatic update of the map, but it take some time and we loose the utility of the automisation of the tool.

If you have planned the development of this specific question let us know.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with french and certainly other characters

Help
Administrator
Bonjour Vincent.

Merci pour votre utilization de MapAList.

Je ne suis pas sur je comprende votre questioin.

Je sais que nous ne supportons pas stockage de "accents" maintenant.

OK, my french is tres horrible, so I will switch to english.

We do not currently support the storage of non-latin characters, or the use of accents.  This is undesirable.  We have plans to work on it, but it is deep in the queue at present.

So that I might better understand what you asking for, could you perhaps try to explain again?

My thanks, especially for putting up with my high-school level french.

A Toutaleur,
Brian

Re: Problem with french and certainly other characters

Vincent
Hi Brian and thank you for your answer.

I really understand what you have said so your french is not so bad ;)

I have well understand the fact that you put the use of international characters down in the list, but I think it is very important for the international "users" to up it in your queue list.
I'm sure that if you decide to work right now on this question MapAList will be a "major" tool for the community and will give you better chance on the road of success.

Concerning the explanation of my problem and how I counter it, you will found below the content of my google doc - spreadsheets.

- Comments
Test
a=à
e=é / è
i=î
o=ô
u=ü
y=ÿ

- Street
235 rue des Pyrénées
- ZIP
7502
- Town
Paris

So if update map data with the update button in the managament of my map my location can't be right localised because of the accentuation of the street name cell.

Only the zip code allows me to display my data in the "good" arrondissement of paris.

And the content of my pop up is :
Test a=? e=? / ? i=? o=? u=? y=?

My solution is to moderate the post of the user of the blog, and modify each line manually using my prefered editor.

But as you understand it cannot be a good solution :(

Thank you for all.