Verifying addresses

Alex
Hello,

I need to do a mass mailing for a client of ours. Is it possible to use mapalist to attepmt to verify addresses?

I put in a location on mapalist, and it placed a marker on the map. I have the received the letter back "return to sender," so I know the address is not correct.

When I looked the address up on Googlemaps, it changed the city for me, for the closest match, and identified the same location mapalist did (based off satallite view).

Is it possible to put in a different pin, or create a list, or some other flag, for addresses which had to be altered in order to appear?

Much appreciated,

Alex

Re: Verifying addresses

Hi Alex,

MapAList does not have the ability, at least at the moment, to identify and differentiate pins where addresses have been altered during the geo-coding process.  Let me touch base with our development team to see if they have any ideas on this.

Re: Verifying addresses

Help
For the three geocoding providers we use, Google, Yahoo, and MapQuest, the result of a geocoding request returns a precision.

Thus I think what you might be interested in is a way to geocode all your addresses and for the addresses  that have a less than address or street level precision, take some corrective action.

We do not currently support sharing the precision of the addresses you looked up, but we actually do store the precision that was returned...

Thoughts?

Re: Verifying addresses

Help
After some further ponderence, I thin the solution you are looking for is something we don't provide: Address verification.

The precision I spoke of is for address precision.

You might want to look into whatever tool is used by whomever you are mailing your goods.

They might have some means to verify the addresses you desire sending to.

Re: Verifying addresses

Alex
Thank you very much