Web links in popups and displaying alternate page area in iframe

Web links in popups and displaying alternate page area in iframe

AlexD
Whenever I load web link from google spreadsheet into popup ballon the format changes to : http://mapalist.com/Public/(www.loadedweblink).
Is this an error or on purpose?
Here is example from my beta page:

http://toronto-solar.ca/page0/page0.html

Also, is there a way to choose display area in iframe?
Apparently it's done via JavaScript embedded on the web page that contains the iframe.
I did some research and here is a link to a brief explanation:

http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/javascript/displaying-alternate-page-area-iframe-050420/page1.html

Would this be possible?

Thanks

Re: Web links in popups and displaying alternate page area in iframe

Hello AlexD,

If you can e-mail your user name to us at help@mapalist.com we can do some troubleshooting...

Re: Web links in popups and displaying alternate page area in iframe

sobelito
Hey Alex.

We looked at your map, but I am not sure the issues we experienced are the ones you talked about here in the forum.

We don't support embedding javascript in your mappoint "Name/AdditionalInfo" fields.

For example, I see this behind one of your points:
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"> <!-- Copyright 2005 Bontrager Connection, LLC function ScrollToAnArea() { var InFromLeft = 200; var DownFromTop = 100; window.MyIFRAME.scrollTo(InFromLeft,DownFromTop); } window.onload = ScrollToAnArea; //--> </script>
If you remove this I think your map should load as expected.

Is this what you were asking about?

Re: Web links in popups and displaying alternate page area in iframe

sobelito
You might be able to alter the size of your pop ups by using explicitly defined width and height in the tag content of your pop-ups, but I haven't played with that.

Re: Web links in popups and displaying alternate page area in iframe

AlexD
Thanks for looking into this.
This answers my question about JavaScript. I guess I'll just have to manually resize the iFrame.
That's no biggie.
I am still getting the issue with the links in popups having a http:/mapalist.com/Public inserted in front of them.

Thanks