modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

PaulTosto
I'd like to modify the width and height of the pop-ups when I click on a map point and remove the centering aspects of the title field. Also, can you please tell me how to remove the "get directions" prompt?

All thoughts welcome. Thanks.

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

Help
Administrator
Hey Paul.

Thanks for taking the discussion here, this way everyone can benefit, yeah!

Re: Removing the "get directions" link

So we did add an unpublished feature related to this a while back.  It might kinda be what you are looking for, but I am not sure it hits it on head.

Why it was added:
I was doing a map for my sister's wedding website, and she didn't want to publish the locations, or info of the guests.  She asked how she could disable "Zoom in" and "Get Directions" links

The two settings we added, are detailed below.  They are query parameters that one can add to just about any* map url:

ShowGetDirections: sgd
Values:  y (default if not specified), n

HaveMsgPopup:  hmp
Values: y (default if not specified), n

Example Usage:
Normal Map:
http://mapalist.com/Public/PublicMapViewerShell.aspx?mapid=17878
No Pop-up:
http://mapalist.com/Public/PublicMapViewerShell.aspx?mapid=17878&hmp=n
No Zoom or Directions Link:
http://mapalist.com/Public/PublicMapViewerShell.aspx?mapid=17878&sgd=n

The last one is the one that I think you might be looking for.

As the Map Commish always states.  Ideally we'd love to code this and every feature you guys request in a timely fashion, especially when it is something that we know people would use.  However, the reality is that the abundance of things on the future feature list is, well, abundant.  But... any paypal donation to help support the site is surely an opportunity to give us a helpful reminder of the features you REALLY look forward to seeing.

For serious re: us wanting to give you guys what you ask for.

Thoughts re: the workable, though not fully supported unpublished feature?

Best,
Brian

*Catches:
It only works with maps that are loaded via Javascript (read the FAQ to read about the logic we use for determining how to load map, i.e. Javascript or KML)

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

Help
re: un-centering the title field

It is surely a hack, but you can try wrapping your title text in another div or span tag that is left centered...

or
TITLE TEXT

I haven't tested this but it might work

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

Paul
Much obliged. Both the sgd=n and <div align='left'>TITLE TEXT</div> work fine for me.

And what's the easiest way to modify the shape of the pop-up bubble if I just have text and don't need to use an iframe?

Cheers.

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

Paul
OK, I figured out how to modify the length and width of the popup. Last question: How do I insert new entries and get all the coding, without having to duplicate the HTML code all over again? Is there a way to insert new contents around the coding, so I can just copy and paste the coding, then past new info into the middle of that?

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

PaulTosto
OK, I figured out that one, too.

New question: Is there a way to make the map legend "live." I'd like to be able to click on a legend icon and have only the map points corresponding to that icon come up on the map. Thoughts?

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

Glad we've been able to help with your other questions Paul.

Making the legend "live" or "dynamic" allowing users to include/exclude points or groups of points is definitely a good idea and one that we have heard before.  It is part of our future features list and we will be bumping it up in priority based on your request.

That being said, development and support are 100% funded by donations to the site...as a result it may take some time.

Happy mapping.

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

Help
Administrator
Hey Paul.

Feel like posting the answers to the questions you posed (and then answered) so that all can benefit?!?

;),
Cheers,
Brian

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

markf
Hi
Has anyone had any luck changing the size of the pop-up bubble? I presume you put some sort of width and height tags in the spreadsheet.
Mark

Re: modifying pop-up windows / removing "get directions" prompt

Jennifer
Is there a way to remove the get directions prompt in the embedded version?